I was recently talking to my mom over the phone about a new business venture I started when she proudly blurted, "You're an entrepreneur!" I guess I've never given it too much thought and, to be honest, it seems like everyone calls themselves an entrepreneur these days, it's the sexy thing to be.
It's only been recently that I've started to realize that yes, I am an entrepreneur and I'm very proud of that!
For years, I daydreamed of being an entrepreneur. For me, it meant being my own boss, being the decision-maker, having flexibility and having the opportunity to grow and learn as I built a business-something I could be proud of.
But, as I mentioned, for years I just daydreamed. I worked in corporate human resources for almost 10 years and while I worked with some very reputable companies, enjoyed great perks and had a consistently increasing salary (and was pretty good at my job, if I say so myself), it wasn't my passion.
Many people dream about being entrepreneurs but it's scary! Yes, we're told to build our business on the side, take a leap of faith and all this other wonderful advice but it's still very terrifying to run your own business. To be honest, if it wasn't because I was laid off (and pregnant at the time) I don't know if I would have ever made the leap.
But what I know now, from experience is, that just like becoming a parent, no one is ever truly ready for entrepreneurship. You have to decide to go for it. And it will be nerve-wracking. But it will also be amazing!
This month, we get to celebrate how amazing being an entrepreneur really is. Female Entrepreneur Week launches on June 21st and will be a great way to connect female entrepreneurs from all over the world to share business tips, guidance and resources about what it means to be a female entrepreneur.
Over the ten days, the FEW crew will share details on the following…
- Pump Up Your Profits: Turn your dreams of consistent $5k months into your business reality with Business Coach, Nadia Finer.
- Connect With Your Ideal Client – your first steps to selling – with Laura Robinson, digital copywriter & founder of The Worditude Club
- Scale up – Leverage your time and expertise with a membership site – with Colin Pal from Thinkific.
- Be the Boss of Your Business Finances – with Jo Simpson, founder of the Financial Growth Academy.
- Become An Influencer – Develop your reputation as an expert using PR – with PR Coach & founder of The Publicity Program Becs Miller
- Build A Buzz – Use Facebook ads to attract an audience and new customers – with Facebook ads guru Caroline Wood
- Branding Essentials with graphic designer and founder of Designta Louise Clark.
To sign up and take advantage of these amazing resources, click here!